Monday, October 11, 2010

For the love of peanut butter...

Monday morning…again. I lie in bed while mom takes a shower. We sure do get up a lot earlier during the week.  It is dark and cold out in the morning when we walk outside now. I wonder where the sun went? I prefer it cool anyway, I hope that white fluffy stuff that falls from the sky will come back. I dive right into it and come out with a snout full of it! I think it is fun when I can make it turn yellow.  
I see mom running around all spastic – why does she get like that? She hurries me through breakfast and we only take a really short walk. I need to be inspired to do my duty, but she keeps rushing me. Darn it – I like the weekends much better!
When she starts filling my big boy Kong with peanut butter, I know it’s time for me to go downstairs to my room while she is away. I wait patiently for her as I hear her trip down the stairs carrying three bags, her coffee mug and my Kong all while she closes my puppy gate. There it is…my Kong filled with peanut butter. My FAVORITE! Wait, I have lots of FAVORITE things... Bones, bacon, popcorn, pupperoni, milk bones, fish oil capsules, heartworm medicine, sweet potato fries, ham…
She turns the radio on so I get to listen to music all day. I don’t know who told her I like the oldies, but I wish she would let me listen to KQRS! As I watch her leave I make a sad face. She makes one back at me as she opens the door.  I wonder where she goes. I really hope it isn’t to spend the day at the dog park without me…wait – I still have my peanut butter Kong! And rawhide, and bones, and toys...

No comments:

Post a Comment